If you want to change the world, pick up a pen and write!
Hey, I’m Jamie and welcome to my website!
I’m a freelance journalist, copywriter, blogger and published author with over ten years experience in the industry. I graduated in 2019 with a degree in Sport Journalism but I can turn my hand to anything!
As you will see, I’m a massive sports nut and can usually be found at a match (or in the pub) but I also enjoy walking, hiking, and going to the gym. My faith and the church is very important to me and I’m an aviation and airshow enthusiast (especially the modern jets!) I also have my own blog (step this way for my Manchester United ramblings – and the occasional rant…)
I’ve been in the industry for over ten years and have had a variety of jobs and roles either side of my stint at Solent University in Southampton. I started out writing match reports for publication in my local paper, initially on a voluntary basis then for a small income. I then took up an editorial role for my church newsletter before I went to university where, alongside my studies, I was on the media team at Sholing Football Club and Southampton Rugby Club. Since graduating, I have had three books released with a fourth currently in production.
I have worked on a wide spectrum projects and jobs across different areas of the industry. This includes time as a self employed copywriter for Galexia Creative Agency where I took on clients in the art, fashion, fitness and retail sectors. I have also worked on an ad hoc basis for the Sussex County Football Association as a match reporter, and for my church in Shoreham-by-Sea.
During my time at SafeSite Facilities, I was a part of the marketing team and developed my skillset in SEO, WordPress CMS, Mailchimp, Semrush and research tools such as ChatGPT and Google Analytics. My varied roles throughout the sector show I can tailor my style to suit different audiences and adapt to the many challenges I have faced.
My website, developed and produced by Joe Bailey, will be a mixture of the professional and the personal. I will keep you updated on my latest freelancing and copywriting projects as well as blogging about my hiking adventures, any shows or events I’ve attended, my thoughts on the world of sport and pretty much anything else I fancy.
You can also check out my CV and resume and see what I’ve been up to. There will be separate sections for personal bits and professional ‘bobs’.
SafeSite Facilities (Marketing Copywriter)
- Working for a construction company creating and publishing knowledge-based content for social media, website, newsletter and external media
- Working alongside other departments to produce engaging, informative and instructive articles for the day-to-day operations of the business
- Creating content in keeping with the company’s brand, tone and message
- Keeping important documents such as specification sheets and install guides updated and accurate
- Working with other departments within the company to gather content and news
- Interviewing members of staff and helping to promote, publicise and run company-wide events such as fundraisers etc.
- Extensive use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Use of essential marketing tools including SEO, CMS, Mailchimp, Word Press and research tools such as ChatGPT and Google Analytics
Train in Blocks (Copywriter)
- Working as part of a small team on a start-up fitness-based phone and web app
- Copywriting role filing professional, SEO-driven and industry-tailored copy for publication on the Train In Blocks’ website aimed at Personal Trainers
- Interviews with industry experts as part of the role
- Regular meetings to decide on content and deadlines
Galexia Creative Agency Ltd (Copywriter)
BA Hons Sport Journalism – Southampton Solent University
I learnt how to source and produce top-quality editorial content across TV, radio and print platforms to a tight deadline and become competent in TV and radio production skills.
Herald/Gazette newspapers (Writer/Journalist)
- The job involved working as a journalist covering both local news and sport for the paper.
- Filed match reports for publication.
- Provided me with not just a byline in a reputable local paper, but also enabled me to fine-tune my ability to write quality content to a tight deadline.
- As well as football, I also covered hockey, rugby and cricket for the paper.
Books I’ve written
The highlight of my career so far has been becoming a published author with football books on Aston Villa, and Southampton. You can find both through the links below. I have also co-written “The Dawn of Aviation” with my old man with the follow-up edition currently under construction.
Where Are They Now?
Have you ever wondered what happened to all of those players that you have seen come and go over the years? The heroes and the villains, the saints and the sinners, the stars that you talked about for years after they had retired and those who you instantly forgot?
Where Are They Now?
Have you ever wondered what happened to all of those players that you have seen come and go over the years? The old belief was that ex-footballers became publicans, managers or TV pundits. However, we hope that you will be interested, and in some cases amused, to find out this is no longer the case.
The Dawn of Aviation
Shoreham airport, founded in 1910, is the oldest airport in the UK and the oldest purpose-built commercial airport in the world. Yet aviation began in Sussex far earlier, with balloonists making landfall at Kingsfold near Horsham in 1785.
Have a read of my blog
I’ve had my own Manchester United blog, United Faithful, for ten years now. On there you can find match reports, news, opinions, features and just about anything else I fancy writing about. Feel free to head over there and have a read. Below you can find some further blog posts about what else I’ve been up to this year. As you can see, I have been busy going to games, going hiking and attending airshows.